Need help identifying MP school location: Oahu, Hawaii

hirsca

I acquired 20+ 3.5 x 5 snapshots of GI's at a WW2 era MP school. I think that was in Hawaii, but on line searches failed me. Here are a few of the snapshots. I'm hoping someone can ID the location.

Thanks in advance.

Al

post-12790-0-03507400-1517068697_thumb.jpg

post-12790-0-67891300-1517068757_thumb.jpg

post-12790-0-11547600-1517068778_thumb.jpg

post-12790-0-17212200-1517068798_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing that you've already figured it out but the sand table photograph looks like O'ahu Island, Hawaii.

Despite having lived there for 5 years, this photo threw me at first.

But then I realized it was an "upside down" image of the map of Oahu. We are looking from the North side of the island towards the South with the northern most tip of Kahuku Point being closest to the viewer, and Kaena Point being to the viewers right. I would say this is indeed Oahu.

The Military Police and Shore Patrol had a joint unit for many years patrolling Honolulu. It was still in existence in the 1990's when we were there. I am sure the name changed over the years.

Map from http://osman1.com/oahu-mp.html

map_oahu.jpg

CPBC = Central Pacific Base Command

The 810th Military Police Company was located at Fort Shafter, Oahu, Hawaii.

Info on Fort Shafter => https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Shafter

Taken from a postal envelope dated 1942: A.P.O. 958 Fort Shafter, Oahu, Hawaii 810th Military Police Company

Additional Info:

810th Military Police Company Lineage

Organized prior to 1925 in the Regular Army at Fort Shafter, Territory of Hawaii, as the Military Police Company, Hawaiian Department

Reorganized and redesignated 24 December 1941 as the 810th Military Police Company

Inactivated 29 June 1946 at Fort Kamehameha, Territory of Hawaii

Withdrawn 27 June 1947 from allotment to the Regular Army and allotted to the Organized Reserves

Activated 20 July 1947 at Jackson, Mississippi

(Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve)

Location changed 1 November 1949 to Rome, Georgia

Inactivated 25 August 1959 at Rome, Georgia

Activated 22 February 1972 at Clearwater, Florida

Location changed 15 July 1972 to Tampa, Florida

Ordered into active military service 12 September 1990 at Tampa, Florida; released from active military service 12 April 1991 and reverted to reserve status

Ordered into active military service 15 March 2003 at Tampa, Florida; released from active military service 15 November 2004 and reverted to reserve status

810th Military Police Company Honors

Campaign Participation Credit

World War II: Central Pacific

Southwest Asia: Defense of Saudi Arabia; Liberation and Defense of Kuwait

War on Terrorism: Campaigns to be determined

Decorations

Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered SOUTHWEST ASIA

I think that might be Franklin D. Roosevelt 3rd from the left in the front row.

F.D.R. spent well over 10 years in the Oval Office by July 26,1944. Still commander-in-chief when Hawaii, the “bulwark in the Pacific” was “suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan,” Roosevelt spent the last three years leading the United States from that crippling defeat to repeated victories in Europe and in the Pacific. Now on this July 26th aboard a different cruiser, the U.S.S. Baltimore, he arrived to the fabled port in Hawaii that had become synonymous with the Alamo. There at Pearl Harbor he met with his two Pacific commanders Admiral Chester Nimitz and General Douglas MacArthur.

https://erenow.com/ww/retribution-the-battle-for-japan-1944-45/3.php

a1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

the 810 MP Co was also stationed at Fort Armstrong on Oahu. my father was apart of the 810 when the attack occurred.

later he ended up in Schofield in a different MP Unit.