WW2 White Rodgers Elec. Co. 10 cap blasting machine

lost-and-found-history

lost-and-found-history

Just picked up a first for me. This US Army WR Elec. Co. 10 Cap blasting machine isnt the prettiest, but shes gotten plenty of use over the years. The original crackle finish is gone, and one contact post is missing, but from what I can see, this has not been made inert as most of the ones I seem to find available.

post-176365-0-68899600-1516828769_thumb.jpg

I don't think they were made inert, it's just that the internal teeth that generated the electrical pulse tend to break off and render it inoperable. I've got one that I keep working on to try to get it to work; sometimes it does and sometime it doesn't because it's missing three or four of the gear teeth and tends to hang up.

lost-and-found-history

I don't think they were made inert, it's just that the internal teeth that generated the electrical pulse tend to break off and render it inoperable. I've got one that I keep working on to try to get it to work; sometimes it does and sometime it doesn't because it's missing three or four of the gear teeth and tends to hang up.

I only say "inert," because the last half dozen that I've seen available recently all specifically stated that they were "rendered inert examples." These days, you cant bite your pop tart into the shape of a toy pistol, without somebody calling Homeland Security, so it wouldn't surprise me if somebody potentially gutted one and filled it with concrete.

They are pretty common on ebay; always two or three for sale, and they go around $130-140 each. I've looked at a bunch, have three different manufacturers, and I've never seen the "Rendered Inert Example" on the body. It would be interesting if you see another one like that to take a picture and post it. The post actually can be removed/installed from the inside; if you find another machine in bad shape but with a good post you can take it off and put it on yours.

lost-and-found-history

They are pretty common on ebay; always two or three for sale, and they go around $130-140 each. I've looked at a bunch, have three different manufacturers, and I've never seen the "Rendered Inert Example" on the body. It would be interesting if you see another one like that to take a picture and post it. The post actually can be removed/installed from the inside; if you find another machine in bad shape but with a good post you can take it off and put it on yours.

I probably wasn't clear...It didn't say "rendered alert" on the body, that was just in the seller's description of the item. Sorry for the confusion.