The Real Rosie the Riveter has passed..........

Retired Army Noncom

There has been some discrepancy as to who was the original model for Rosie. There was another woman who passed away 2 years ago who was also identified as the original Rosie.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/238407-rip-rosie-the-riveter-aka-mary-doyle-keefe-of-ct/?hl=%2Brosie+%2Bthe+%2Briveter

No matter who was the original Rosie for the advertisement, these women did amazing work. Anyone who has ever riveted an airplane understands the hard work involved.

....Kat

Retired Army Noncom

There has been some discrepancy as to who was the original model for Rosie. There was another woman who passed away 2 years ago who was also identified as the original Rosie.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/238407-rip-rosie-the-riveter-aka-mary-doyle-keefe-of-ct/?hl=%2Brosie+%2Bthe+%2Briveter

No matter who was the original Rosie for the advertisement, these women did amazing work. Anyone who has ever riveted an airplane understands the hard work involved.

....Kat

The controversy who was the original Rosie was explained in my link. I remember when the other one died which surprised me when I read the link above.

The controversy who was the original Rosie was explained in my link. I remember when the other one died which surprised me when I read the link above.

Yes. There has been more than one who has been named as the original Rosie. Just as more than one claimed to be the iconic couple kissing on Times Square, we may never know definitively who was the original Rosie.

As I said, no matter who was the original Rosie, these women did amazing work.

May this Rosie, RIP. Thank you for her service to our country.