US Navy CB WW 2 help

Sand Flea

I recently discovered my uncle, Dante Bettini served in the US Navy as a CB during WW 2 with the 100th Construction Battalion. He was born in 1913 and passed away in 1994. I'm having a difficult time locating any additional information regarding his service records and unit information. Any help or information on where I might obtain this would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to know if any of you fellow forum members might have a cruise book for the 100th Construction Battalion that I might be able to obtain a photo copy of?

Thank you in advanced

Alex

100TH BATTALION

Reflecting the growing might of the Seabees, the 100th "Century" Battalion was commissioned July 1, 1943 at Camp Peary, and thereafter moved to Gulfport and Hueneme before sailing for overseas Nov. 21. Arriving at Pearl Harbor, the 100th lingered only for six weeks before moving on to Majuro Atoll, Marshall Islands. The unit left Majuro and returned to Pearl Harbor July 5, 1944. One officer and 17 men were sent on temporary duty with a pontoon detachment for the Angaur invasion in the Palau Islands. In March 1945, the 100th left Pearl Harbor and landed at Guiuan, Samar Island in the Philippines, and remained through the end of the war.

The 1940 Census shows Dante, aged 27yrs, occupation as an elevator operator and his wife Ann, aged 26yrs, occupation as a laborer in a canning mill, both in Los Angeles, CA.

A nation,

My god that was quick with information. Thank you very very much to all the members who assisted me with my request. I now have an excellent starting point In wHich to do further research. Once again thank you all for your diligent efforts.

Alex

• 3 months later...

I was just given this photo of my uncle that has been in our family for 40+ years. It's been two months since I mailed out the request for his service records and I'm anxiously waiting their arrival. I will post additional information when it arrives. Thank you all again for the requested information.

Alexpost-161646-0-83463100-1524806893.jpgpost-161646-0-83463100-1524806893.jpg