snowflake TO wing unmarked

Costa

how can this be? TO wings came out late war. never thought a snowflake pattern would appear that late. no hallmark but, this looks good. very crisp.

post-73-0-37943300-1516555586.jpg

From Emersoninsignia.net "The army announced the Technical Observer badge in War Department Circular 31, 1940." The most commonly seen examples with the sterling hallmark vertical on the T are clutch back but they're not late-war I don't believe as they have the short clutch posts. As for this snowflake backed T/O I've never seen one before and will be interested to hear what others think as well.

It's tough because for some reason you are only showing the back of the wing and the seller is providing a poor photo.

However, from what I can see it looks ok.

Here is a front and back of mine for reference.

Mine is clutchback, long posts, which is not abnormal for Amcraft when clutcback's by this maker are encountered.

Normal clutches are far too short, but Amcraft clutches are much taller and fit perfectly on the posts.

Note the maker marked clutches.

Hope that helps.

John

post-12439-0-84623700-1516584483.jpg

post-12439-0-45614500-1516584491.jpg

here is the front. this is not a clutch back. it is a pin back. I will say this-- if this is a repro, it is damn good.

I have an Amico which I know is a good one.

post-73-0-80848800-1516590653_thumb.jpg