Navy Corpsman helmets

dustin

​Came across these images, one might be well published already but the other has some interesting aspects.

​First is D-Day on the beaches of France.

post-56-0-09958600-1516230896_thumb.jpg

​Here is what I spy in the mele, a cross applied to the back and top of the helmet with what appears to be tape. the other helmet has the red cross on top and other writing I cannot make out.

post-56-0-29980200-1516231234_thumb.jpg

post-56-0-96608600-1516231246_thumb.jpg

This is an incredible example of how it is in the Navy with things like helmets and uniforms and I hope this thread becomes a good resource.

stealthytyler

It is worth noting that the above sailors are hospital apprentice men and not corpsman. Regardless, I look forward to this thread growing to serve as a great reference.

​This is interesting, presumably Italy or southern France. Note marked helmet, American flag armband and the other is a red cross arm band evidenced from other images

post-56-0-83279600-1516234304_thumb.jpg

post-56-0-01888100-1516234312_thumb.jpg

Though not medical personnel, or maybe they are, helmet bands. Not sure if its Normandy beach head or Itlay. Some of the wounded in the LCVP wear jump jackets.

post-56-0-35215100-1516234424_thumb.jpg

​Transporting wounded from Iwo Jima. Helmet with white circle and the other guy appears to be wearing a helmet with red circle. Probably just Beach Party members and not medical personnel.

post-56-0-61655900-1516234573_thumb.jpg

It is worth noting that the above sailors are hospital apprentice men and not corpsman. Regardless, I look forward to this thread growing to serve as a great reference.

. Sorry, have to disagree with your entire statement. Non rated medical personnel were Hospital Apprentice (Seaman Second Class), Hospitalman (Seaman First Class) then Pharmicist Mate (PO 3 to CPO). All of them, reguardless of assignment. They were all routinely referred to as "Corpsmen". Not due to USMC, but because they were/are members of the US Navy Hosital Corps. So, yes, these guys are Corpsmen.