More SEAL Jackets

doyler

Hi,

Very impressive collection, thanks for sharing with us. I really enjoyed the bratland jacket and the Smith jacket. Is it the same SMITH that we could see in the past in the rallypoint military website ?

There seems to to have been quite a few "Smith" uniforms but the one Doyler has shown is right as rain. I have a bit of Gary Smith's original paperwork and photo's/slides.

Patrick, funny thing is one of the first SEAL coats I ever bought was out of the Camden Passage militray show, back in the late 80's.

Bob

See...you bought the only one!

Patrick.

Spike and Copran,

Thanks for the additional comments.I have a couple other Smith items with odd name tags on shirts and trousers,one plain shirt that has a some what of a black dyed look to it.Very subtle and not worn.Some of his stuff has ink markings of his name on the labels,I also have a hand full of his ribbons and a SEAL badge and a odd camo sleeping bag cover made from a cargo chute.I posted a diving belt weight he used in a WW2 first aid pouch.

I was able to buy this stuff from Hayes O as he had quite a stock of Smiths items.Hayes has been a great friend over the years and he told me he was buying this stuff by the car trunk full as he knew Smith and he had acumulated a lot of stuff during his career.Hayes said once Smith had came to a show and had over 5,000 issue rifle targets(if I remember correctly)I was a little late on getting some of the other items uniform wise as they were sold and some were better patched out.I do remember being at a show a few years ago and a guy from Missouri had a set of ERDL camos,coral boots and a blue wool jumper named to Smith.The jumper had to be early as it was only a 1st or 2nd class PO and had a divers helmet spec patch on the right sleeve with UDT under the helmet.Looked legit as the markings in the clothes were like ones I have seen.I passed on the set.Was to much money and heard later the guy got rid of it for a lot less.

RON

vintageproductions

Perry Young from Cascade General Store had a lot of Smith's stuff also. Around the late 80's or early 90's.

This is the other pair of pants that came with the group.The tspe is over rear right pocket.I think its a little different having the SMITH,G.R. when normally you see just the last name and no initials.

RON

post-342-1227503399.jpg

Here is a handful of insignia I got with Smith stuff.Several are Vietnamese made ribbons.The bronze star ribbon on the rack as well as a couple others are VN made also.

RON

post-342-1227503734.jpg

Here is a diving weight carried by Smith in a WW2 issue first Aid pouch.I have been told these are used for measureing depth in channels and rivers.I also have a bladder canteen and a couple small pouches.

post-342-1227505350.jpg

I was asked to post some other pics/details of the early grenadiers jacket.Here are some details of the manufacture tag.lower right interior.

post-342-1227681827.jpg

Inflation tube and cover over co2 inflation valve

post-342-1227681972.jpg

lower rear pockets,You can see how the owner placed snaps and hand sewn them to the pouch and flaps using a hbt type olive drap material for reinforcement.

post-342-1227682343.jpg

interior of lower edge on jacket.Note the sewn in grommets/drain holes on bottom seam.The center of this area is slotted to allow the bladder to be inserted or removed.

post-342-1227682542.jpg

stonermachinegunner

Hello to all

doyler: Very nice collection of SEAL coats.

Gentlemen,I have one serious problem.I've read in Darryl Young's book Element of Surprise about one special jacket for SEALs armed with Stoner Mk23. The Autor wrote about some special vest with five pockets for Stoner 110 rds ammunition boxes. Im SEAL reenactor for almost nine years,Im looking for some photos,ask UDT/SEAL museum but I still haven't one good photo of this rare vest.I want make one for my Stoner Mk23.

Soo,please,If you have some infos about this vest,I will be happy:-)

Thank you

Gentlemen,I have one serious problem.I've read in Darryl Young's book Element of Surprise about one special jacket for SEALs armed with Stoner Mk23. The Autor wrote about some special vest with five pockets for Stoner 110 rds ammunition boxes. Im SEAL reenactor for almost nine years,Im looking for some photos,ask UDT/SEAL museum but I still haven't one good photo of this rare vest.I want make one for my Stoner Mk23.

Thank you

There is only one man in the known universe that can answer that question w00t.gif

Lucky for you he is a forum member. thumbsup.gif

Seriously though, ask forum member Spike. If he can't set you straight, I doubt anybody can.

Hello to all

Thank you

Thanks Stoner SMG for viewing my posts.I would suggest trying to talk to Jim "Patches "Watson.He was the curator of the UDT/SEAL museum after a reorganization several years ago.I spoke with him on the phone a few times but didnt follow up as he was busy rebuilding the museum and displays after an internal issue and mis management..As I remember he(Jim) was one of the persons invoved in the design and testing of a float vest in the early or mid 1960s.If I remember he stated they tested these in a swimming pool.The owner of the pool was a man named Switlick of Switlick parachute manufatcuring.This may also be mentioned in Jims book.If I am wrong I hope the other members will correct me.

RON

HI All,

I am not sure about these vest but it seems the pouch on the side of the vest was designed for the Stoner ammo boxes?

It looks not like modified survival vest for me!?, maybe it is a custom made vest as well?

Mike

Hello to all

Thank you

post-4070-1227789708.jpg

stonermachinegunner

Mike Force: Thank you for this photo.I Have a small one. I Think, this is Stoner vest,but it can't see well whole vest.Looks like custom vest from survival jacket to me too.

Michal