First Addition To My Collection Of 2018

usmce4

(It's NOT the $710 one) I know it's not near-mint or mint like a lot of you guys have, but it's a daisy to me. I was beginning to think I'd never get a red spacer KABAR. And to add to it - it's the two thin red spacer type pictured in "Military Knives" Pg 55 in Frank T's article. And I'm such a newbie, I didn't even notice that till my mentor on here pointed it out to me.

Out of curiosity, are there any others out there with the twin red spacers?

PS... The sheath appears black, but it's dark brown - I couldn't get a good picture. It appears as if it has a couple of dozen coats of brown shoe polish on it. The Marine who had it must have spit-shined it. (?)

post-168413-0-17110400-1516046312_thumb.jpg

(It's NOT the $710 one) I know it's not near-mint or mint like a lot of you guys have, but it's a daisy to me.

Actually, I rather prefer an example like yours which shows use, but no damage or abuse, to a mint never-used one. Part of the appeal is that the old veteran has been there, done that.

Yep your families growing. I think we warned you early on that this is a sickness that doesn't seem to have any cure. :)

You did, and it didn't help that I got word of the intervention and stayed away from it....

Art

Thanks for the comments all, and just as an aside, I've accumulated a few mint ones too but I also find my favorites seem to be the "been there, done that" ones as others have said. (Not saying I wouldn't allow a mint one of these in my cabinet though).

No response whether anybody else has come across one with the double spacers..... Are there any out there? Pls PM or post if you have one

Art