German Fallschirmjager M38 Bringback

Thaddeus

It has been a hot minute since I posted on here so I will start with my most recent vet acquisition. I recently bought this German M38. It was brought back by a veteran of the 4th Infantry Division who said that he captured in while fighting in northern France. I purchased it from his son. In the correspondence, his son stated that his father (CPL Richard Stark) was a radio operator for A Battery, 29th FA BN and participated in the Normandy, Northern France, Ardennes, Rhineland, and Central Europe Campaigns. When asked about the german helmet, he stated that it "came from a German Paratrooper of the Signals PLT, 11th Company, 3rd Division. It is named to a "Reiter" which means "Rider" or "Equestrian" in German. This is one of my favorite bringbacks.

One separate note.... the Large NSDAP party banner behind the helmet and the M35 helmet were also brought back by a direct family member.

Enjoy,

Thad

post-156428-0-06742900-1516041087.jpg

post-156428-0-39104900-1516041092.jpg

post-156428-0-29647300-1516041098.jpg

Thanks for the comments gents! I believe that this helmet is the most valuable piece in my collection. That being said, it has a special place in my gun safe along with a write up from the son. I like getting the captured pieces but I am ready to get back into collecting American militaria soon.

Thad