Estate Sale Fatigue Find

MT247

Hi

Found this today and was wondering if someone could tell me a little more about it. It belonged to Donald V Sekora. There was a dress uniform and officers hat that I didn’t get. Is this Vietnam Era? Also got his garrison cap and his pith helmet. Thanks for the help

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fatigue shirt could be late Vietnam period, with the subdued insignia. It could also have been worn all the way through the 1970's to the early 1980's and the advent of BDU's.

What is the shoulder sleeve insignia? That could tell us more.

The fatigue shirt could be late Vietnam period, with the subdued insignia.  It could also have been worn all the way through the 1970's to the early 1980's and the advent of BDU's. 

What is the shoulder sleeve insignia?  That could tell us more.

Posted Image

That explains it. This is an older style OG-107 cotton fatigue shirt. These were phased out in the mid-1970's and replaced with a semi perma-press version made of synthetic cloth.

Subdued insignia was officially introduced in 1968, although some units had been wearing it in Vietnam before that.

It took awhile for all units to have subdued insignia, especially Reserve and Guard.

Reserve and Guard soldiers and officers tended to hang onto older uniforms as long as they were authorized. I would guess this office wore his cotton fatigues until the end of his career. As stated before, there is no telling how late that could have been up to the early 1980's.

Thanks for the info, there was no contract tag left in the short. I will post what was left in the garrison cap. does anyone know about the pith helmet?

Garrison cap tag

f7dfc0fcb36ae07d14ca0a1eff6febaa.jpg

There is also a women’s uniform I posted in the women’s services that has some sort of connection with this one as they were in the same infantry division and both were found at the same sell.

I think it must be his daughters jacket. Wonder the timeframe the womenâs jacket was used then, must be post Vietnam. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Also think that this fatigue shirt must have been used post Vietnam as it has a rank of Major and that’s what he was when he retired.

Is there a right sleeve patch for combat service? Curious to know. As for the pith helmet - Hawaii or Panama service perhaps? Were they ever worn in Vietnam? I suppose they could have been, in a garrison-type environment (evac hospital or someplace like that?)

Is there a right sleeve patch for combat service?  Curious to know.  As for the pith helmet - Hawaii or Panama service perhaps?  Were they ever worn in Vietnam?  I suppose they could have been, in a garrison-type environment (evac hospital or someplace like that?) 

Hi

There is no combat patch, I know he was in the reserves around the Vietnam time frame all the way through until retirement. That’s when I thought the pith helmet was used but not sure. They were no markings in the helmet.