Doubts about SEAL BDU

Roby

Hi everybody,

a couple of years ago I acquired from ebay this BDU but I've always had doubts about it.

In fact after looking at some SEAL BDU I could see that SEALs are wearing only the trident without other badges (in this case surface warfare badge and officer diver badge) so my question is: do you think that the trident could have been added later by some seller to make the BDU more interesting and it is not original to the shirt? Another possibility is that maybe the officer went through SEAL course and he added the trident after the course? Is that possible or not?

Furthermore I have to say that all the patches on the shirt use the same thread and have the same stitching except for the trident.

Thank you very much to everyone that will answer.

post-164393-0-72691000-1515967722_thumb.jpg

I would be suspicious of this uniform not only because the stitching of the Trident is different from the rest of the sewn on insignia but because of this version of the Trident. It is a legitimate early Trident but of the type in my opinion that were worn mostly on the earlier OD fatigues I believe they called them OG-107s. Most of the time the type of Trident that you find on woodland pattern camouflage BDUs is pictured below.

post-1389-0-18507100-1516202924.jpg

Yes, I thought the same about the type of the trident patch. Mine has a big border compared to those you can see on BDUs and DCUs, like the one you posted.

Is white stitching common on Navy BDUs? I've never seen white stitching on Army or USAF BDUs. In fact, I believe that by reg stitching on Army BDUs had to be subdued in color, which means either green or black.

I would be suspicious of this uniform not only because the stitching of the Trident is different from the rest of the sewn on insignia but because of this version of the Trident. It is a legitimate early Trident but of the type in my opinion that were worn mostly on the earlier OD fatigues I believe they called them OG-107s. Most of the time the type of Trident that you find on woodland pattern camouflage BDUs is pictured below.

So do you think the trident patch is a legit one?

So do you think the trident patch is a legit one?

Yes it is an original cloth Trident but in my opinion not the type mostly seen sewn on BDUs.