11 replies to this topic

#1 WS60

WS60
  • Members
    • Member ID: 828
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:22 PM

Friends,
I got this medal, called General Thomas Stewart Medal, and have no idea what is it. Please, any explanation about.

Attached Images

• scan0009.jpg

#2 WS60

WS60
  • Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:23 PM

Attached Images

• scan0010.jpg

#3 KASTAUFFER

KASTAUFFER

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 105
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:28 PM

That is a Pennsylvania National Guard medal awarded for 100% attendance at required " Drills " .

Kurt

#4 WS60

WS60
  • Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:10 PM

That is a Pennsylvania National Guard medal awarded for 100% attendance at required " Drills " .

Kurt

Thanks Kurt. http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif Can you give me some link to history of this medal or more information about?

#5 el_jefe52

el_jefe52
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 4,254
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:08 AM

Hi,

The medal is the General Stewart Medal, Type II, while the ribbon is for the Type I medal.

Here's the criteria for the medal from the PMR 672-1, dated 01 May 98:

General Thomas J. Stewart Medal

a. The General Thomas J. Stewart Medal will be awarded by The Adjutant General of Pennsylvania to eligible members of the Pennsylvania National Guard for excellence in the performance of duties while assigned to any unit of the Pennsylvania National Guard. A prerequisite for the award is one hundred percent attendance at all unit training assemblies and annual training during a training year (Oct-Sep). Constructive credit for annual training while on ADT/ADSW is qualifying service for this award.

b. Award will be made upon recommendation of the memberís unit commander by letter in two copies after the end of the training year to: The Adjutant General of Pennsylvania, ATIW: MP-PSB. Only one of these medals will be awarded to any one individual.

Robin

#6 el_jefe52

el_jefe52
  • New Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:10 AM

Here's a picture of the Stewart Medal, Type I, Bronze - 1 Year Service:

Attached Images

• General_Thomas_J_Stewart_Medal__Type_I__Bronze___1_Year___Pennsylvania_National_Guard.jpg

#7 el_jefe52

el_jefe52
  • New Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:11 AM

Here's the Stewart Medal, Type I, Silver for 3 Years Service:

Attached Images

• General_Thomas_J_Stewart_Medal__Type_I__Silver___3_Years___Pennsylvania_National_Guard.jpg

#8 el_jefe52

el_jefe52
  • New Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:11 AM

Here's the Stewart Medal, Type I, Gold for 5 Years service:

Attached Images

• General_Thomas_J_Stewart_Medal__Type_I__Gold___5_Years___Pennsylvania_National_Guard.jpg

#9 el_jefe52

el_jefe52
  • New Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:15 AM

Here's a pic of the Stewart Medal, Type II with the correct ribbon:

Attached Images

• Stewart_Medal__Type_II____P.jpg

#10 WS60

WS60
  • Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:14 PM

Here's the criteria for the medal from the PMR 672-1, dated 01 May 98:

Thanks Robin. http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif Date 01May98 what year 1998 or 1898?

#11 el_jefe52

el_jefe52
  • New Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:14 AM

The manual is from 1998. This is the most current version of the PA NG Awards manual. Altho, I would think that they would be revising it in the near future (as most of the states are). One of the interresting things about the PA NG Awards manual is that the Governor's Unit Cititation is not included, but has it's own regulations. In fact, when I first contacted them, the gentleman I spoke with was un-aware of that award. He had to check with another department before finding the regulations for it!

Robin

#12 Mark M

Mark M
  • Members
    • Member ID: 569
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:13 PM

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,
Chris / ADMIN

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users