EGA Officers 2 pc imitation buckle

nchistory

Alec just shared this with me... Another of the m26 China pattern, with what also appears to have applied ega. Seems to be more of this pattern, and came with a China Marine grouping...

post-153086-0-19790500-1515969054_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing the one from Alex. Belt looks very similar to mine. I think you have a good one coming Chris and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have mine, i think these are neat items. Would love to one day see a photo of a Marine wearing one. I think I remember suggesting the horse Marines in China might have coveted these.

Both are the same era emblem... Droop wing was an issue variant, the other a private purchase option

Thanks Brig for the clarification, I know you are well acquainted with EGA's. Much appreciative.

Thanks for sharing the one from Alex. Belt looks very similar to mine. I think you have a good one coming Chris and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have mine, i think these are neat items. Would love to one day see a photo of a Marine wearing one. I think I remember suggesting the horse Marines in China might have coveted these.

Thanks Kevin. When you get opportunity, can you post measurements in mm. I will once mine arrives.

PS, I asked Alec if he had seen an image of one being worn, hew hasn't. Always good to validate with a period image...

Digging a little further on the subject, Gary Williams of Hanover Brass did do a repop, of the "droop" wing style. The ega is not applied, yet it is integrally cast. So be careful.

Any rear images?

Brig and anyone else with the "Droop Wing" type. Gary wrote the following in reference to Hanover Brass version. "The original has the EGA applied and the reproduction is solid cast. The reverse looks exactly like the original".

Received today, I have ZERO doubts about it being a serviceable buckle. The wreath is a little over 36 MM, the loop could handle a 1.69" width belt, likely purchased with a 1.5" leather sword-belt. It is heavy brass, with an applied EGA disk, and is rather thick @ 3.5 MM, and as noted before a very serviceable buckle, not a novelty. I can't speak for the drooped winged, as I haven't handled one. In another picture, you will see a tooled tongue with is also common with American Civil War Period buckles.post-153086-0-54226400-1517068862_thumb.jpg