Pre War khaki Maj. James Lindsey Bataan POW

Matt4thCav

Hello to all. Today I want to share this M1926 khaki pre war uniform. It belonged to Major James Lindsay, assigned to the 23rd F.A. (Philippine Scout) in 1940. He will be captured by the Japanese after Bataan and remained in captivity.

During his captivity, Bob worked out complete plans for the reorganization of the Philippine Scouts and the Philippine Army. The plans were left in the care of a fellow prisoner who, fortunately, survived, and forwarded them to the proper authority.

The tragic details of the sailing of the Japanese prison ship, Oryku Maru, from Manila on December 13, 1944, have been recorded too many times to bear painful repetition. Bob survived two sinkings, but died enroute from Formosa to Japan as a result of extreme exposure and dehydration.

Matteo

post-158039-0-07031700-1515847272_thumb.jpg

post-158039-0-71810300-1515847404_thumb.jpg

That's great, I love the green sleeve decorations and the story behind the uniform is incredible!

Great catch

GS

Many Thanks GS. :)

That is a great uniform! You really have displayed it nicely! Good job keeping his memory alive! And thanks for sharing!

Hunt

That is a great uniform! You really have displayed it nicely! Good job keeping his memory alive! And thanks for sharing!

Hunt

Thanks Hunt .One of my favorite in M1926 uniforms collection. It is a pleasure to share the story of a great soldier.

Matteo

Great uniform - thanks for sharing. Does it have a tailors or a manufacturers label?

Thanks. There is no tailor's label. It was quite common in khaki jackets not to find any labels. I have more than one without.