My Father, Corporal Robert J Snow, US Army Korea

kyhistorian01

kyhistorian01

On January 10th my loving father passed away from kidney failure while fighting an infection. He served with the Ohio National Guard from 1948 - 1949 in the artillery and then served with the US Army from 1949 - 1952. He served in the Signal Corp and trained at Fort Monmouth New Jersey. He served in Korea from 1950 - 1952 and landed at Inchon just behind the marines. He fought as infantry through the capture of Seoul and then helped to set up communications for 8th Army HQ. He served HQ signal company for the Seoul area Command and served through the push back to Pusan and the recapture of Seoul later on. He earned 4 campaign stars for his service in Korea and was sent back to the states in March of 1952. He was discharged from St Luis Obispo, California.

I was very proud of him and he was always supportive of me and my collecting and public displays honoring veterans. I have been his caregiver for the past couple of years as he started to have trouble with his health after my mom passed away. i loved him dearly and I miss him greatly. Rest in Peace Dad!!

post-6492-0-29866000-1515804271_thumb.jpg

A salute to Robert J Snow and may he rest in peace. Bless you for taking care of your father and may God grant give you strength and comfort during this very difficult time. Take care...

My sincere condolences, I just lost my Dad 2 months ago and I still haven't adjusted to not having him here. Stay strong and take solace in the remarkable and honourable life that he led. RIP

Rick

What a great tribute and wonderful honoring of your father. It must have been very special to have him participate with your displays and collecting. My prayers and condolences for you and your family.