Info About PAL RH-34

capt14k

I have read that the RH-34 was a Boy Scout knife and that it was a PX purchase. I assume this one is related to WWII. I bought it because I can't resist the RH knives when they are cheap. I didn't notice the sheath til after it arrived. It is a PAL Sheath with what looks like Signal Corps Logo but the number didn't match up to any of the Signal Corps Units I could find. It has a number N-7183. Any idea what that could be. Also looks like a name on the back of the sheath with the N-7183 number again. Knife has wooden pommel with steel plate. Any info would be appreciated.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The N-7183 is a laundry number. Here are the possibilities as to whom the knife belonged. Knowing what state you obtained the knife might narrow the search down to a particular person.

a1.jpg

Having only 18 possibilities is a pretty narrow field. Lots of my searches yield hundreds. PAL was only making knives for a few months before Pearl Harbor.

Here's my PAL RH-34 showing the laundry number, a very common way of keeping track of who owned the knife. Yours has the wooden pommel, and mine has the metal pommel, and you have an original sheath, while mine has a generic sheath. Nice little knives that certainly saw use in WW2.

post-11546-0-28228800-1515541483_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the great info. The RH-34 came to me from a seller in Leesburg Florida who goes my sunnyfla64 and CAPETAMMY. I ran Google Search of the names on the list with Leesburg Florida quickly and didn't get any solid search results. It was a long shot since many people move to Florida. It could be a granddaughter of the original owner who moved there. So I asked the seller if they had any more info. Hopefully they do.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

No ground breaking info from the seller. Her husband bought it 2 years ago at a flea market in Fort Meyers Florida

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk