Information on pilot helmet bag marked S-794

Blk71

I have searched high and low and have found no information on this bag.

It is marked S-794 Carrying bag helmet David Clark Co.

It was part of a Navy grouping in got at a local flea market.

The items included a Flying suit Type 2 BU. Aero US Navy, APH-5 gold painted Navy helmet

And a pair of Navy lace up leather sherling flying boots.

I have contacted the Navy Air museum and David Clark Co. and they could not find any information

On the bag. Any information would be greatly appreciatedpost-162549-0-49437000-1515472847_thumb.jpeg

Hello,

each model of high-altitude pressure suit, either Partial Pressure or Full Pressure, had a more 'technical' nomenclature within the David Clark Co. and accompanying the other, more known one - in the case of model S-794 (existing in its subvariants 794-1, 794-2, 794-3 etc.) it was the David Clark MC-2, first USAF full-pressure suit of some success to be used operationally (the Navy went by its own separate way).

More precisely, the suit being used in the first 36 flight of X-15 by its early pilots. Since the matching helmet was equally named, your bag is the one meant for carrying that precise helmet wich should be, if I'm not wrong, the otherwise named MA-3.

Yet the MA-3 was made by Bill Jack Instruments Co., not by D. Clark Co. that's true - possibly it was so re-named after getting some minor modifications by D. Clark itself given the required needs for matching reasons? More I do not know.

Franco.