Korean War USMC Helmet

ghengus

There is one other example that I forgot about just for fun and to show anything is possible I suppose LOL. An actual Marine Corps photo found listed as Okinawa 1945. Looks like he may have taken the horseshoe to the kisser before he added it along with the EGA to his helmet... :lol: ... but no doubt happy to have made it alive through the battle!

attachicon.gif1 ega okinawa.jpg

This one's great! Almost makes me want to start a thread specifically for personalized helmet covers, but that probably already exists!

Hunt

Over time when fabric is exposed to wet conditions, then dry conditions then wet conditions again so on and so forth the fabric will harden and those creases will become very defined, almost like using starch to get those sharp creases in dress uniforms and fatigues.

Ray

Sorry, I'm not seeing it. Nothing more than the "power of suggestion" in my opinion.

Could it not be hand drawn on ? Ive seen them painted ,

Also are you not seeing the diamond ?

Over time when fabric is exposed to wet conditions, then dry conditions then wet conditions again so on and so forth the fabric will harden and those creases will become very defined, almost like using starch to get those sharp creases in dress uniforms and fatigues.

Ray

Anything is possible Ray

Nope. Not seeing a true diamond shape there either, just the camouflage blotches..

Cool

I suppose we all see things differently , thats what makes us human

Cool

I suppose we all see things differently , thats what makes us human

Do you still believe its a Dimond patch or that Dimond patch covers were used in WWII? Do you have any other facts evidence or theories on the matter you can share?

Do you still believe its a Dimond patch or that Dimond patch covers were used in WWII? Do you have any other facts evidence or theories on the matter you can share?

Unfortunately not Justin

I was reviewing marine core pics and saw this in the back of shot.

I believe in my opinion it is a diamond patch , as we still dont know all there is to know on these covers Im guessing my guess is possible.

We only just reviewed the fact that the Non slit covers where maybe not first patterns but late War.

Im guessing anything is possible , Ill keep looking through archive photos In the meantime and hopefully I pick up some more shots. I totally agree that they where a much later adaptation of the camo cover ,

I thought it was neat that I see one in a photo from Pelilui 44 or what I perceive to be one. Like I expressed earlier , not everyone will agree but hey thats what makes us human

Best

DC