Help ID: WW2 AAF S.D. patch

ocsfollowme

I collect WW2 Home Front and training school patches so I am sure that this is a Depot patch.

What does the S.D. stand for? Could it have been used for several air depots in the state of South Dakota?

Sacramento Air Depot (SAD). So it could be a city of one word starting with an S.

Thanks in advance,

post-122868-0-09839400-1515449842.jpg

The closest thing that I could find was http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6335-unusual-wwii-era-civilian-aafsd-patch/

I believe it stands for Sub Depot. Great patch to have in any collection. I'm looking forward to others posting, I had one several years ago that came with other SAAD patches and a field I.D. badge. The I.D. badge was for Del Valle Army Air Base, S.A.A.D US Sub Depot, changed to Bergstrom in '43.

Gregg

Gregg, I believe it stands for a Sub Depot too, but usually there is a letter or two designating the city that the sub depot resides in. Without extra letters in there I am at a loss.

Even for Spokane, they were SPAAD.

8585753_orig.jpg

Was there a common AAF SD sub depot patch out there? If so, mine is the first that I have seen in about 8 years looking on ebay. Doyler has one and I bet some of the other cookieman and AAF collectors have one too. I would think a standard sub depot patch would be more common. IDK.