WW2 Double Buckle Boots Stuffed With Newspaper

huntssurplus

huntssurplus

Hello,

I recently purchased some pretty worn double buckle boots that i would like to display. They were leaning over to the side as shoes do without anything inside them so I stuffed some newspaper in the part where the ankles would be so they would stand up. I was wondering if this is okay, or if overtime the newspaper ink will leak into the boots, or mess with the shoes in anyway. I can provide pictures if you want.

Thanks for the help,

Hunt

I have used plain paper like you see from a new pair of shoes, the local shoe stores will give me the card board inserts as well to form the foot in the boots. They look at you funny but always give them too me. They throw them away...

huntssurplus

I have used plain paper like you see from a new pair of shoes, the local shoe stores will give me the card board inserts as well to form the foot in the boots. They look at you funny but always give them too me. They throw them away...

White tissue paper is best. It is usually non-acidic which cannot be said about newspapers!

-Ski

What about just plain white printer paper? I can look to see if I can get the inserts or tissue paper and I will promptly remove the newspaper!

Hunt

I have used paper over the years and also gotten items with paper stuffed in the item from vets and haven't noticed ant significant damage to the item.

Granted old news paper can be acidic,turn yellow and brittle.Changing the paper may help or use scraps of linen or old clean 100 % cotton Tshirts or stuff old GI socks with material and place in the boots

huntssurplus

I have used paper over the years and also gotten items with paper stuffed in the item from vets and haven't noticed ant significant damage to the item.

Granted old news paper can be acidic,turn yellow and brittle.Changing the paper may help or use scraps of linen or old clean 100 % cotton Tshirts or stuff old GI socks with material and place in the boots

Okay those all sound like good ideas! I'll see if I have some 100% cotton teeshirts and if not ill use some plain white paper I have!

Hunt

huntssurplus

Okay so I filled up the boots with some plain white paper! Here are some pictures! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/4ccffbfd73c71a5f026331398c01256a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/69ca70e20c487150840fad4f509b8a81.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntssurplus

Okay so those last two pictures didn’t go through here they are: Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk