1:35 Scale WWI Model T Ambulance

Old Marine

I finally finished the Ambulance. The figures and ground work are progressing. I painted the Ambulance with Testor's OD spray and then weathered it with different, very thin black and brown washes. Be patient and let one wash dry before putting on another, let the color build up just the way real dirt builds up. After all the washes dried, I dry brushed some light tan, brownish color for highlight.

GW and Kat, the kit is a just a normal, plastic injection molded kit produced by ICM. It's a very nice, new kit and not hard to build. The kit's parts have a great fit and are very clean with almost no flash, sink holes or ejector marks. I really liked this kit.

The brick wall is made of resin pieces. I picked up a box full of resin bricks and cobblestones and building parts years ago at a flea market and I really don't know who produced them. There are a lot of small companies that produce some real nice resin pieces, you just have to be patient and hunt them down on the internet.

Here are some more photos

Dennis

post-2843-0-10338600-1517606391_thumb.jpg

I finally finished the Ambulance. The figures and ground work are progressing. I painted the Ambulance with Testor's OD spray and then weathered it with different, very thin black and brown washes. Be patient and let one wash dry before putting on another, let the color build up just the way real dirt builds up. After all the washes dried, I dry brushed some light tan, brownish color for highlight.

GW and Kat, the kit is a just a normal, plastic injection molded kit produced by ICM. It's a very nice, new kit and not hard to build. The kit's parts have a great fit and are very clean with almost no flash, sink holes or ejector marks. I really liked this kit.

The brick wall is made of resin pieces. I picked up a box full of resin bricks and cobblestones and building parts years ago at a flea market and I really don't know who produced them. There are a lot of small companies that produce some real nice resin pieces, you just have to be patient and hunt them down on the internet.

Here are some more photos

Dennis

It wouldn't have surprised me if you to said that you made each brick by hand and laid the wall brick by brick. It's all wonderful!

Mikie

Beautiful. What ever form ,weather a sculpture or painting or fine wood work etc. for me the beauty is in the details.You have made a great model and the detailed workmanship is super , padalocks, horn ,tacks in the seat cushions , lamps , hinges and on and on. Well done sir , my compliments.

Lars, the brick wall sections are resin. Like I said a bought a box of resin pieces but I think they may have been produced by Bayardi. Below is a link to his site, he produces some nice stuff.

http://armandbayardi.com/shop/

Thanks for the info, Dennis! Very nice and detailed stuff, I wasn't aware of this manufacturer. The base and the ambulance are looking FANTASTIC!

Dennis,

Looking super! Many thanks for the link to Bayardi. He has a lot of interesting things and his works are priced very reasonable.

Mike

Wow Dennis, the ambulance came out great. You did a magnificent job of weathering that vehicle. I like the bricks and groundwork too.

The added foliage is an excellent touch.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thanks for all the nice comments.

This is a column of Marines heading to the front, threading their way through the crowded road. Unfortunately, some of the Marines will be hidden behind the Ambulance and the wounded soldiers being evacuated. There is still detail painting and fine tuning to be done. The German POWs will have an Army guard and will be carrying a wounded doughboy.

I thought I would post some photos of the Marine before placing the vehicle and figures in the foreground.

Again thanks for all the comments.

Dennis

post-2843-0-72250300-1517877857_thumb.jpg