1:35 Scale WWI Model T Ambulance

Old Marine

Because I haven't had much luck finding any good militaria lately I have been building models and dioramas. Here is the latest project, a 1918 First World War Model T, US Army Ambulance and casualty evacuation diorama. Normally I build WWII subjects, this is my first foray in to WWI models. I figured 2018 was a good year to finally do a 1918 model.

The ambulance model and most of the US figures and the Nurse are the recently released ICM kits. The ambulance kit was really well cast, crisp and clean and easy to build. The ICM figures are also just as crisp and clean with good detail. The German figures are a mishmash of old resin figures, arms and legs.

Anyway, this is the preliminary layout and the project still has a long way to go. I'll post some more photos as I go along.

As always I look forward to your comments and observations.

Thanks

Dennis

post-2843-0-25856700-1515030768_thumb.jpg

Close up of the figures. These figures still need a lot of refining and cleaning up. The Nurse still needs her arms.

post-2843-0-42606600-1515031504_thumb.jpg

The ambulance. it's waiting for paint, decals, a roof and a lot of other details that need to be added after paint and decals. The ICM kit is a very nice kit.

post-2843-0-55499100-1515031650_thumb.jpg

This is coming together nicely. Looks like you're going for another masterpiece diorama. I'm definitely keeping a close eye on this one.

The ambulance really looks good.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Dennis,

Another model! I LOVE to watch your work! I really look forward to this build. I have this exact same model and figures to build.

...Kat

Excellent, can't wait to see your next building/painting steps. It's great to see that a lot of WW I model kits were released during the last years.

Hey Dennis,

Don't worry about the progress being slow. You never rush great work, you just marvel at the finished masterpiece.

I love the bombed building brickwork and groundwork. So far, so good.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Dennis, this is turning out well and up to your usual high quality standards. Your dios always depict unusual topics and are genuine showcases of excellence. Keep up the superb work!

Terry

I'm just curious... I have not worked models for years. What material is this made of? Everything I built was styrene plastic, as with Revell and Monogram.