VIETNAM SHADOW GUNSHIP CALLING CARD

firefighter

I think the Shadows were AC-119's.

I've had this card, and another, for about 35+ years. How can you tell if it is original, fake, fantasy, etc..?

It's not thin but not thick either.

Thank youPosted Image

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

These seem to have been common among Special Ops flight crews. They were pretty garish and bombastic,like this one. I am not aware of anyone faking these now,or especially 35 years ago.

These seem to have been common among Special Ops flight crews. They were pretty garish and bombastic,like this one. I am not aware of anyone faking these now,or especially 35 years ago.

Thank you

The Iron Brigade

I've never seen any of the Air Force, Army Aviation or LRRP unit calling cards reproduced.

With that said, this style of Vietnam Special Forces calling card has been reproduced. Lancer Militaria might have been the ones that did it.

post-164190-0-64276900-1514598235.jpg

Nice calling card! The Shadows were the 71st SOS (AFRES) and the 17th SOS and flew AC-119Gs. The 71st arrived in RVN in Nov 1968 at Nha Trang AB. They were an AFRES uunit from Indiana. Their AC-119Gs were based by flights at several bases in the RVN. In 1969, the 71st was replace by the active duty 17th SOS, Both flew AC-119Gs while the 18th SOS flew AC-119Ks and used Stinger as a call sign. All AC-119Gs were transferred to the VNAF in Sep 1971.

I've never seen any of the Air Force, Army Aviation or LRRP unit calling cards reproduced.

With that said, this style of Vietnam Special Forces calling card has been reproduced. Lancer Militaria might have been the ones that did it.

I remember LANCER, I know I didn't get it from them.I have seen other AF calling cards, mostly ARRS ones.I always thought the. One like you showed were post war.

<>

attachicon.gifpost-190-1166118311.jpg

Nice calling card! The Shadows were the 71st SOS (AFRES) and the 17th SOS and flew AC-119Gs. The 71st arrived in RVN in Nov 1968 at Nha Trang AB. They were an AFRES uunit from Indiana. Their AC-119Gs were based by flights at several bases in the RVN. In 1969, the 71st was replace by the active duty 17th SOS, Both flew AC-119Gs while the 18th SOS flew AC-119Ks and used Stinger as a call sign. All AC-119Gs were transferred to the VNAF in Sep 1971.

Thank you for the information.I thought they were AC-119's. Puffs were AC-47s and Specters were AC-130s.