Your FIRST military reading book?

Bluehawk

Remember these!, AIRWAR by Edward Jablonski.

airwar1and2jablonskisp.jpg

airwar1and2jablonskiobv.jpg

I have this set of books on the bookshelf behind me as I type this. Got them back in the 1970's.

As far as my first military book I read: well that was so long ago, I can't remember what it was. I have read hundreds of military related books in my 70 years. Still doing it too!

In elementary school, I used to love to read biographies of Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone, etc. I remember reading "Red Badge of Courage" and loving it. All of the other kids in my class were groaning about Red Badge of Courage so peer pressure made me not say anything. :)

As an older adult, "Chickenhawk" started me reading about the Vietnam War. "And If I Perish" is the one that started me reading about women in the military.

...Kat

I have this set of books on the bookshelf behind me as I type this. Got them back in the 1970's.

As far as my first military book I read: well that was so long ago, I can't remember what it was. I have read hundreds of military related books in my 70 years. Still doing it too!

Yeah I had them once, mail ordered them from those book ads in the military modeler magazines, oh around around summer of 1978. What was it again. the Military History Book Club or such thing.

In fact getting vintage magazines of this type of Amazon/Ebay refreshes the memory with some of these vintage titles and gives one the idea to get them again. Like I did this a few years ago several times with a few old books I used to have. Others I looked for by sheer memory on Amazon, remembering what the covers looked like, yes it seems one can't still get them all.

Originally a set of 4 :)

I've had those forever too!

Joblonski's "Flying Fortress"

Steve Birdsell's "Log of the Liberators"

Freeman's "The Mighty Eighth"

The list goes on forever since being a kid in the 60s