Recent patches find and can anyone help ID some of them?

MWalsh

This was a recent find, the seller is moving into a smaller house and is up there in years now, his mother had collected these during the WW2 years he said, getting them from people she knew who had served.

They are all older, the USMC ones are all felt. Are they all just unissued WW2 made - the USMC ones I mean. Not sure if she got some of these post war, none are merowed edge or anything.

post-440-0-33353000-1513466400_thumb.jpeg

Amphibious Forces, 1st design, worn by personal at the training center in Little Creek, Virginia.

The cats are strange, they maybe British? The Indian maybe a Pre War patch...you have some cool variations....

11 Corps looks to have a nice border cant tell the color? What's the patch hiding under the Big Blue and White triangle U.S. (Personal) ?

I bet its the 49th AAA Bde! Or to the NW the Army Hostesses patch.

The TC patches are most likely the Army Transportation Corps (The Army's Navy)

Thanks! I wondered about that and googled it but just got the current transportation branch responses and Red Ball Express stuff. Thanks again!

268th - thanks again for the ID help! The Semper Paratus one - I just got Coast Guard mottos searching it, and don't have the ASMIC motto books.

The cat patches - I wondered British too, or French given there appears to be a French related patch there too. Weird an American woman from WW2 era would have them, who knows.

Salvage Sailor

Thanks! I wondered about that and googled it but just got the current transportation branch responses and Red Ball Express stuff. Thanks again!

I've seen the TC abbreviation used in documents regarding both the Army Transportation Corps (T.C. Transportation Corps) and the Port of Embarkation (T.C. Terminal Control). Both of them used the ships's wheel and shield/badge design on their patches.

The patch you have is new to me so it requires further research to pin it down to a specific meaning/command