M31 Tank Recovery Vehicle helping Luther back on his feet

Proud Kraut

Thanks very much, guys for your kind feedback!!! Meanwhile the M31 has received several airbrushed coats of Tamiya XF-62 Olive Drab color.

03Jan01.jpg

After the washing has dried completely I paintbrushed the M31 with Vallejo U.S. dark green = "highlighting".

03Jan03.jpg

Comparison of the kit before and after washing and highlighting. Still a lot of paintwork for the detalis left.

03Jan04.jpg

Hey Lars,

This is coming along very nicely. Your weathering techniques are on the money.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thanks guys! Since the M31 is nearly finished now, it's time to start with the vignette.

During the last years I visited Dresden several times. One of the most impressive cities in Germany IMHO. When doing some history research I came across this pictures some time ago. It's showing the destroyed Luther statue in front of the destroyed Frauenkirche after the devastating bomb raid on February, 13th 1945.

Dresden.jpg

2017 saw the 500th anniversary of reformation in Germany. On this occasion Preiser released a 1:22,5 scale Luther statue.

Luther1.jpg

So here the story goes. After armistice in a fictional German city US Army Engineers assist constucting anew a destroyed Luther statue. Luther unpacked (side by side with a 1/35 Landser for size comparrison).

Luther2.jpg

Backtheattack

Great idea! Like your modeling. Lars, with your permission I used your M36 at the Magdeburg Forum. Think I told you about this forum.

Great idea! Like your modeling. Lars, with your permission I used your M36 at the Magdeburg Forum. Think I told you about this forum.

PM on the way.

​That chain REALLY lends to the realism of this vehicle. You did a great job Lars. I guess now on to the diorama?

​Semper Fi.

Manny