In search of my Grandfather's Marines Baseball Jersey - Corp Dlugosielski

Marine26

Hello

My name is Jay. I am new to this forum and enjoy reading the wonderful posts. My Grandfather Corp Dlugosielski was in the Marines 5th Division and unfortunately passed away when i was very young. He played with the Marines baseball team during wwII and i am in search of his Baseball Jersey/uniform. The uniform was found originally in this forum from a member but believe it is has now changed hands a couple of times.

i have a few cherished memories of him and would love to find this jersey so i can pass it along to my kids and preserve his story with my family. I know this forum has a number of collectors and was trying to get in touch with the person that may now possess it to discuss the jersey. Hoping someone in the forum can connect me this person. Any help would be appreciated . Thank You!

post-169694-0-58247900-1512782311.jpg

These are constantly listed on eBay...sometimes 2-3 each month. I have watched countless Marines jersey, jersey/trousers, jersey/trousers/stirrups, jersey/trousers/shorts sets listed and I have yet to see a single listing with a name stenciled or inscribed.

Ok, that helps Artur, thank you.

To the OP / Marine26, if you haven't already, I'd recommend contacting your uncle Ron, and see if he has anything of your grandfathers left. Certainly easier to keep in the family than try to find it once it's sold. Lastly, looks like you grandfather's name was Clemmons, was "Corp" his nickname, or his USMC rank?

Good luck.

My memory is not what it used to be...I even commented a few times on that post and had no recollection of it being stenciled.

Of the three USMC baseball jerseys that I own, none are named. None of the others branch team jerseys that I own are named, either.

Yes the jersey was stenciled on inside. His name was Clemens. His final rank was Plt Sgt..

Thank you all. Please keep an eye out for me.