WW2 Burlap Helmet on Ebay

Raidercollector

Raidercollector

Without any real provenance or being able to put a microscope to the paint its hard to tell. And I believe burlap covers were more of a post war thing but really anything could be used as a helmet cover during WW2.

Hunt

Without any real provenance or being able to put a microscope to the paint its hard to tell. And I believe burlap covers were more of a post war thing but really anything could be used as a helmet cover during WW2.

Hunt

You mostly saw burlap covers in the South Pacific before the camouflage helmet covers were intoduced. Especially with Marine raiders, and army who would camouflage them with paint. I was skeptical about the helmet because the liner and chinstraps looked to new for me.

You mostly saw burlap covers in the South Pacific before the camouflage helmet covers were intoduced. Especially with Marine raiders, and army who would camouflage them with paint. I was skeptical about the helmet because the liner and chinstraps looked to new for me.

Yeah if the cover was real the liner most likely was put in later as the black a washers suggest that would have been a late war helmet in which case I doubt the burlap cover would still have been in use with the introduction of the helmet cover

Hunt

I like it.

The base material looks like a khaki twill shirt material.

Also appears to have rust coming from under the cover that has stained the cover and the cover looks like its molded to the helmet.

Looking at the edge there are signs of wear and the rim worn through

Seller is a member here and has had the helmet for a while.

The light/flash may affect the shine to the paint and would be nice to see it in hand.

Like this one a lot better than the cloth covered helmet Bay State sold....

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I've seen this one before. I think it was listed around $1,600. IIRC Jkash had it at one point but it was around before that. It's been discussed before, I think somebody said they saw an identical one.

I've seen this one before. I think it was listed around $1,600. IIRC Jkash had it at one point but it was around before that. It's been discussed before, I think somebody said they saw an identical one.

Hi Cap

I used to own an exact copy of this helmet and camo scheme some 7-8 years ago. I got it from a dealer here in the U.K.

I can vouch for the helmet being correct in the fact that Ive owned another exactly the same with this pattern.

Im guessing they belonged to the same unit but couldnt work out which one.

Probably more questions than answers , I would love to see a photo with this camo being used.

I really like it

Best

Dean