Nice group of USN medals in PA auction

KurtA

CNY Militaria

Nice lot there! Alderfer does a lot of advertising and allows bidders a number of platforms to buy from, so I don't think it'll go under the radar. Should be interesting to see the final results.

I wasn't serious about it going under the radar. Any predictions on selling price? I say $12,576 plus the 25% buyers commission (i.e., mid teens total). The group is missing the West Indies Campaign Medal, which is too bad, as it seems to have everything else.

$5500 w/o commission for this group. Really cheap IMO.

Some other interesting prices:

$2500 w/o commission for posthumous WWI DSC family group which I think is cheap. Should be near $4K??

$2250 w/o commission for WWI DSC

$3250 w/o commission for boxed Black Widow NC (I did not think they sold that high, I assumed $500 - 600 for the case)

Gary B

Yeah...if I wasn't buying a house, the Specially Meritorious group would have gone higher...my "if I get it for this, I hope my wife will understand"...bid was the second high bid on the group. I was expecting it to clear $15k with commission...

I hope it wasn't consigned by a collector promised top dollar by the auction house!

To make matters worse, the seller probably paid the auction house 15% of that low $5500 selling price.

CNY Militaria

Indeed! It's a tough month for selling, many collectors devote funds and resources to the Holidays and start buying again full swing in January.

The owner should have allowed one of us "evil profiteers" to sell his group...he would have gotten much more money...