2 post photos of camp Harrison Indiana 1918

kyhistorian01

Nice photos! Are you sure they are of Ft. Benjamin Harrison? The reason I ask is because of the rather large hills in the background of each photo. There are in fact some small hills to the North of Ft. Harrison but the ones in these photos look much larger than any found in central Indiana. Could just be the perspective of the camera possibly. Just wondering. Thanks for posting.

kyhistorian01

Could it be William Henry Harrison in Montana?

That is possible, i had forgotten about that Camp Harrison. That is all that is written on the back of one of the photos, Camp Harrison 1918. I just assumed it was the Indiana Camp. Thanks for the suggestion.

Robert

Could it be William Henry Harrison in Montana?

I agree, Montana makes sense of the large hills in the background. They are very nice photos just the same. Slightly off-topic, if you ever stop at the Cracker Barrel in Scottsburg In., they have the best early pano photo of Ft. Benjamin Harrison I've ever seen. It must be at least 4 feet long and crystal clear detail. I've already asked and they will NOT sell it!

Hard to tell in the pictures but to the west of fort Harrison (Montana) today, there are some rolling hills that look very similar to your pictures with a few more trees. I live a couple miles from there. The only flat area shown in the picture could be taken in the direction of Helena (East) as that is the only side that doesn't have hills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk