1918 Mk ! trench knife

Elton

I went to the Dixie Classic gun show in Raleigh NC on 18 Nov. and I saw a man showing a LF&C 1918 Mk1 to a vendor but the vendor was not interested in the knife. He did offer 175 dollars but the man wanted 200. He left and then I talked to him about the knife. He said it was a real not a reproduction. I told him it was worth a lot more than what he was asking and that if he took a little time he could get a lot more money for it. He said he wanted to sell so I ask it I could get it for 200 dollars and he agreed. The knife is in perfect condition but the scabbard is bent pretty badly and has one tab missing but it to is original. I showed it to three people I knew at the show and all of them said it was legit and not a repro. For once I was in the right place at the right time.

Don't know if it is a function of the Centennial, but these have definitely disappeared lately. It used to be that you could expect to find 1918 Mark 1s in various conditions at just about any quality show. Not so much now.

At any rate, great find, and especially good for $200!

I look forward to seeing a picture of your knife.