Christmas Patch Wreath

mvmhm

It's tradition that after spending Thanksgiving morning serving a Thanksgiving meal to our fellow Veterans in the Hospice Unit, we decorate the Museum for Christmas - our first "Patch Wreath" is done and ready to go!

The wreath is 36 inches in diameter with a mix of insignia from WWII, Korea, Vietnam and through the present - and all branches are represented including Coast Guard, National Guard and Reserves. Each patch is attached by sewing it to a branch with 10-pound monofilament.

Mark sends

post-3423-0-29503800-1511206134_thumb.jpg

Sorry! But, we've got bags of extra patches that have been dropped off over the years...need to do something with them! It's too late to do it this year, but I thought it would be neat to make one for each branch of the service or one just for Vietnam and raffle those...

Mark sends

That's nice.

Have seen something similar done when they have a Christmas Tree walk at local churches.

People or groups sponsor a tree.

Real or artificial and decorate them.The artificial ones work well and some have older unused ones and donate them to be decorated.

Have seen ones with veterans pictures set in the branches.

I could see taking the patches and running a needle with nylon fising line through it to make a look and hang the patch.

I have also toyed with the idea of doing a dog tag tree but wonder if the tags would disappear

Well done and I'm sure its greatly appreciated.

I'm sure if you made a few as Chritmas is a ways off they could be raffled or donated to other care facilities.