unattributed custom ribbon rack out of the woodwork in Alaska.

dskjl

With enough time and resources it might be identifiable using the foreign awards. Beautiful lot though!

Thanks, I have to start by identifying what the foreign awards are, at the moment I don't have a clue on most of them.

Lets give the foreign ribbons a go:

- ?

- Officer in the Order of the Crown, Belgium

- Italian Order 'Stella della Solidariteit Italiana. 1st class.

- ?

- Greek Order of the Phoenix, 4th class

- Korean Ulchi with silver star

- UN Korea medal

A bit of a guess on the Italian one.

Regards

Herman

The first ribbon on the bottom row could well be a Swedish Red Cross Medal. The Swedes had medical personnel in Korea and decorated a number of US medical officers. That would fit with the Phoenix and Ulchi as well.

he one after the Korean Service medal is the Belgium order of Leopold, Officer. Belgium order of the Crown, Officer.

Hope this helps.

4starchris

he one after the Korean Service medal is the Belgium order of Leopold, Officer. Belgium order of the Crown, Officer.

Hope this helps.

4starchris

Thank you sir.

The first ribbon on the bottom row could well be a Swedish Red Cross Medal. The Swedes had medical personnel in Korea and decorated a number of US medical officers. That would fit with the Phoenix and Ulchi as well.

Would that make the Conl Medical Corps?

Here is what we think we have, this does make sense as i understand the rack did belong to a Doctor.:

- Belgium order of Leopold

- Officer in the Order of the Crown, Belgium

- Italian Order 'Stella della Solidariteit Italiana. 1st class.

- Swedish Red Cross Medal

- Greek Order of the Phoenix, 4th class

- Korean Ulchi with silver star

- UN Korea medal

It is interesting that the ribbons have crowns instead of rosettes. I have only seen the different degrees of the same medal in rosettes.

Very nice ribbon bar

4starchris

It is interesting that the ribbons have crowns instead of rosettes. I have only seen the different degrees of the same medal in rosettes.

Very nice ribbon bar

4starchris

I am not familiar enough to add much other than to say the crowns are very nicely done but it seems odd to me that a Greek and a Swedish ribbon would both have crowns on them.

Thanks to all for you support and kind words.

The Belgium Order of Leopold is blue with a thick Black middle stripe. I think this ribbon represents a different unknown order. France Ordre National du Merit is blue but was instituted in the 60ties, so no option.

A Crown on a ribbon indicates a different level of a medal/order, not necessarily the degree of Officer. Greece has this distinction. Sweden doesn't. So If the color of the first ribbon on the bottom row is correct I can't identify it.

Quite a puzzle, even for us from Europe

Cheers

Herman

Hermanus

The ribbon you describe id Belgium order of Leopold II. The ribbon bar represents the Leopold I.

Sorry Chris, the Order of Leopold I doesn't exist, it's called the Order of Leopold. The colour of the ribbon is plain purple/pink.

Regards

Herman