Need some Polish translation & unusual uniform help on WWI photo

CW4AFB

Once again I call on our crew here to help me with some translation on this unusual photo postcard---

some of the men appear to be wearing old-style pre-WWI US Army uniforms, others have some strange decorations and most appear to have a two-color armband---

I'm thinking the writing on the back could be Polish but I have guessed that before and the folks here have straightened me out by translating Russian and Czech...any ideas on the words and on the organization? Could this be a group of guys headed for Haller's Blue Army?

regards,

Al

post-2235-0-22217500-1510877910_thumb.jpg

post-2235-0-50811000-1510877927_thumb.jpg

"Polish Falcons of America

The "falcon" movement originated after the suppression of the Polish uprising of 1863. Its goal was to regenerate the Polish nation through physical fitness. The first "nest" in the United States was founded in 1887 in Chicago by Felix Pietrowicz. By 1894 there were twelve nests in the country. On May 1 of that year the Alliance of Polish Turners in the United States of America was charted in Chicago as a national organization of the falcon movement in the United States. In 1914 the name was changed to Polish Falcons Alliance of America. The organization adopted its present name on March 30, 1928.["

From Wikipedia

You guys are amazing----I'd guess that even back then Army surplus uniforms were sought after for these fraternal and para-military organizations. Thanks again.

Al

• 2 months later...

Once again I call on our crew here to help me with some translation on this unusual photo postcard---

AWM-Arthur did it very good. I would add some details only.
Letꞌs start from the date. In Polish the dates are written a little other than in English.
9-1-18 in Polish would mean January 9th, 1918. If it was written by naturalized Polish-born American then… who knows, it may be written in English and the date would be September 1st, 1918.
The text in Polish:
Pozdrowienia ze zjazdu Z. Sokołów Polskich.
Czołem
Wacław Lubicz
Z. Sokołów Polskich is a shorter form of correct name of Związek Sokołów Polskich w Ameryce = The Polish Falconsꞌ Alliance of America.
Translation:
Greetings from the Polish Falcons Alliance convention.
Cheerio
Wacław Lubicz
(Mr Wacław Lubicz = name and surname)

Gregory--thanks again for helping out---You are a great reference historian and I appreciate your insights as well as your translations.

regards,

Al

AWM-Arthur did it very good. I would add some details only.
Letꞌs start from the date. In Polish the dates are written a little other than in English.
9-1-18 in Polish would mean January 9th, 1918. If it was written by naturalized Polish-born American then… who knows, it may be written in English and the date would be September 1st, 1918.
The text in Polish:
Pozdrowienia ze zjazdu Z. Sokołów Polskich.
Czołem
Wacław Lubicz
Z. Sokołów Polskich is a shorter form of correct name of Związek Sokołów Polskich w Ameryce = The Polish Falconsꞌ Alliance of America.
Translation:
Greetings from the Polish Falcons Alliance convention.
Cheerio
Wacław Lubicz
(Mr Wacław Lubicz = name and surname)