Original WWII US Army Named Burlap Camouflage M1 Combat Helmet + Liner *Superb*

mdk0911

The seller is a member here. I have dealt with him in the past and consider him an honest source. The band appears to be an example of the original black rubber type (shown in the 1943 QM catalog), which may be a positive sign. Also, he is on the oposite coast from Jkash.

The seller is a member here. I have dealt with him in the past and consider him an honest source. The band appears to be an example of the original black rubber type (shown in the 1943 QM catalog), which may be a positive sign. Also, he is on the oposite coast from Jkash.

He bought it from him years ago.

I wouldn't bid on this as an investment. It very well may be real, but this is in the realm of questionable German camo helmets in my opinion. Buy it because you like it for what it is....an interesting camo'd helmet.

Supposedly this helmet was donated to the WW2 Memorial. JKash somehow made a deal with them to purchase it. Considering the stuff that's gone on with JK, I'd wonder about that story now.

This is a real camo helmet set , I owned one with the same cover and Camo painted setup 8 years ago. I couldnt believe it when I saw this , it must have been from the same unit.

Cant remember who owns this one but it is correct and original

Dc

the rubber helmet band would have cracked and broke by now if it was from WW2, thats one of the first things that breaks down from age, rubber cracks , breaks down

the rubber helmet band would have cracked and broke by now if it was from WW2, thats one of the first things that breaks down from age, rubber cracks , breaks down

The rubber has been coated with Paint which essentially seals the Rubber thats exposed. Thus sealing it from the elements , which in turn would stop the cracking.

This helmet is not mine , but I was sent pics of it years ago because of the one I had, way before this whole Jamie Kashetta Fiasco.

Adding his name to this helmet is not right, i cant remember the forum members name that showed it to me but it was not the fraudster/thief Jamie Kashetta.

• 3 years later...

Saw this one for sale. Can anyone help me with this one ? Looks rear seam, swivel steel  bail . Thanks for opinions

burlap1.jpg

burlap2.jpg

burlap3.jpg

burlap4.jpg

burlap5.jpg

burlap6.jpg

ArchangelDM
4 hours ago, Fox777 said:

Saw this one for sale. Can anyone help me with this one ? Looks rear seam, swivel steel  bail . Thanks for opinions

burlap1.jpg

burlap2.jpg

burlap3.jpg

burlap4.jpg

burlap5.jpg

burlap6.jpg

I like that Lid a lot 

• 1 month later...