Medals and insignias my FIL framed before he was KIA

mvmhm

I keep forgetting to post this. This past summer, my wife and I went to visit her brother, and she wanted to look through her father's footlocker (which she couldn't bring herself to do before). She did amazingly well, and her brother gave her a fair amount of things to bring back with us. Before we left, he said he had something else he wanted ehr to have and pulled this frame out of a closet. It was something her father had made before he left on his second tour to Vietnam - he was killed 4 months to the day that he arrived - Easter Sunday 1969.

http://www.mvmhm.com/beersjb.htm

You can see he served in about every Airborne unit possible...we now have this in a display case with his Distinguished Service Cross and other awards plus the items from the footlocker.

Just thought I'd share...

Mark sends

post-3423-0-25464800-1510606035_thumb.jpg

What a super cool story and a super cool display! thanks for sharing! What an amazing thing to have to pass down. :)

So frustrating when my typing doesn't keep up with my brain! I meant father-in-law in my previous post. I had the pleasure of seeing some of this group in person courtesy of Mark. Thanks Mark for keeping the memory of this soldier alive.