Tropical Rucksack attached to Lightweight Rucksack Frame

Justin

Hello forum,

Does anybody have a tropical rucksack attached to a Lightweight rucksack frame they can show? I am curious as how to set up one like that.

J

I've got one that was actually carried by a friend of mine in Vietnam in 1970-1971. I'll pic it and get it on here, but you'll have to be patient. I'm out of my house currently and can't get to anything for maybe two more weeks. His bag is basically tied on with strips of green bandage material and I think has two nylon straps tied to the frame on the bottom

There's more than one way to do it. For instance one way is to use 550 cord (or para cord), which Joel Kinney from the D-2/5 Cav group in the Pacific Northwest (famous for their participation in the documentary In-Country) shows in this video

The way I do mine is I remove the LW shoulder straps from the frame and place the tropical straps over the frame, I then combine the adjustable shoulder strap on the frame to tropical ruck strap and use the adjustable strap from the tropical ruck to tie it off to the frame to secure it, and then I run the long accessory straps through the bottom loops on the tropical ruck and fasten my sleeping roll in essence knocking two birds out with one stone. You can kinda see what I mean in this photo, sadly I don't have access to my rucks at the moment so I can't snap a better/more recent picture, but I based mine off of this picture featured on this website http://www.webewebbiers.com/vietnam/equipment.htm

But there are still a couple other ways to do it and others have posted their ways in the Vietnam Airsoft forum or in the Vietnam Reenactors group on facebook.

post-116553-0-19390000-1510348942_thumb.jpg

post-116553-0-69487600-1510349065_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...