4 new Sherman, 1/16 scale

Manu-Military

Manu-Military
Hello,
I'm about to start the construction of 4 Sherman.
Unfortunately, since there's not a single accurate VVSS Sherman in this scale yet, I have to do my best on my own.
They then will all be made of odds and ends by using what I want to believe to be the best and most beautiful parts available from various sources.
• Tamiya, the unequaled pioneer,
• Maxtrax of course for, among others, its unavoidable VVSS bogie trucks (which I did not fail to correct / modify),
• other US artisans (including Nick Aguilar),
• 3D (because we're in the 21st century),
• a bit of photo-etched made on request,
• and of course a hint of scratch for the lower hulls made of 2mm panels, the master of each type of track shoe (T51, T54E1 and T48), etc.
1. The first is the M4A1 76mm (wet) as seen for the first time during Cobra.
This is not my favorite version but with its black camouflage, its barrel of 76 without muzzle brake and the Cullins hedgerow cutter, she looks terrific, doesn't shet?
2. Then one of the most mythical versions: the M4A3E2 more known in our time under the Jumbo nickname.
So why not making the most famous of them all? She'll be the Cobra King. Beware of venom!
3. The 105mm is not my favorite version either but there she goes to fulfill the collection. I anyway had a spare Tamiya D78461 to use.
This will also allow me to put to the rear the M8 armored trailer that I built from scratch last year (http://manu-military.e-monsite.com/pages/2eme-gm-wwii/m3a4-handcart-m8-m10-trailers.html).
I felt too lazy though to use anything else than the odd looking Mato T49 tracks (promised, I'll try not to do it again!).
4. And finally, the M4A3 76mm (wet) that will allow me to use the old Maxtrax T23 turret (late).
Chronologically, she will go inbetween the "Cobra 44" and the "Thunderbolt VII" of Abrams (http://manu-military.e-monsite.com/pages/2eme-gm-wwii/m4a3-76mm-hvss.html).
For now, here is just a presentation of the raw parts - it is not said that the nomenclature is always rigorously exact, some details will have to be refined during the assembly - which will be used for each tank (the battery is evidently here to give a scale).

Cheers from the Chambois pocket cauldron.

post-5691-0-68502400-1510140695_thumb.jpg

post-5691-0-50789800-1510140705_thumb.jpg

post-5691-0-32719300-1510140729_thumb.jpg

post-5691-0-95789800-1510140800_thumb.jpg

Wow, we're about to be Sherman'd out. Looking forward to following this thread and see how they turn out Manu. Good Luck.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 5 weeks later...
Manu-Military

Hi gents,

Many thanks for your interest in my models and your kind comments.

I eventually started a fifth 1/16 scale Sherman.

This will be a USMC operated 1943 Fisher built M4A2, my first PTO tank (http://manu-military.e-monsite.com/pages/2eme-gm-wwii/usmc-m4a2-fisher-built-kwajalein-atoll-1944.html).

It is my new priority over the four others that I will achieve once this one is done.

Thanks for looking and stay tuned as I will start a specific topic for it.

Manu