WW2 M3 imperial

Screamingeagles101

Screamingeagles101

Hello, received my first M3 today. I expected it to be a bit bigger and heavier. To my surprise, it is small and light. I can see why it was preferred by the airborne. The blade is in great condition, it is extremely sharp. I already gave myself a nice gash while handling it. I have no idea if it was sharpened recently or it just never dulled. Extremely sharp!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The degree of preservation from knife to knife is something that could be studied. This handle is rotting but the blade is great. I have a bunch of pacific theater knives that will display mold if allowed. It might be a difference in where the knife companies got their leather.

Screamingeagles101

The knife is apart of a grouping. I bought the grouping mostly because the seller said he may possibly sell the items separately if it dissent sell, I did not want to see that happen

The grouping consists of a couple of helmets, uniforms, the m3, medals, paperwork, etc.

I have it sitting in the box it came in still, I have no from to display it.

I have to see what I'm going to do, I really did not want to see it split up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All gashes are nice - some are just nicer than others. The knife is nice too.

Good move to keep a grouping together, once they are broken a piece of history is lost forever. You see that over and over on ebay. It is sad to see descendants of vets who gave so much favor a few dollars over family heirlooms they should be proud of.