Yarborough knife serial numbers?

mmerc20

I know there is an old post about the SF's Yarborough knife but I wanted to start something new.

Is there a way to research/check the serial number? I've come across someone who says he was SF a long time ago and a more current SF guy "gave" it to him.

Mike

riflegreen297

I'm pretty sure the JFKSWC museum should be able to determine who it belongs to. If they cannot then they will reach out to the SWCS. Old guys bought them through the museum and the young guys were issued them upon graduation from the Q course.

I would have assumed if his background was like he said it was, he would have bought it but I know the approval process for purchase is pretty strict.

I don't have, in any way, the intention to call him out or question him about his claims, but would like to know how much he says can be trusted.

Some things he says just don't add up and I'm guessing he's not used to being around someone with a deeper knowledge of the army, their structure and their equipment.

Mike

So the JFK Museum on Fort Bragg has a roster. I believe they are tracking even the Q course guys who got them. However, you stated that he said a younger guy gave it to him so it wouldnt be tied to his name but the guy who gave it to him so it is possible that he bought it somewhere. I would trust your instinct.