M36 Tank Destroyer in the ETO 1944/45

Proud Kraut

Fantastic snow job.

Looks like you added a section or two of wrap wood or fence to the left of the Hotel building.Great details and high lights of the cobblestone streets

Yes, the bush looked absolute unreal with snow on it so I replaced it with a piece of fence. Before I'll add some more details I checked the positions of the figures today.

27Nov.jpg

Lars

this is just brilliant :o:o , thank you very much for sharing and giving pin point advice on how to. Really appreciate it, thanks

Keep up the excellent work, looking forward to the rest

Kind regards

JEB

Lars,

While your M36 details are awesome to say the least I am most impressed with your snow! This is the most realistic snow effects I have ever seen in a diorama. Even the details of the "drifts" of snow in the cobblestones of the street. What is in the "magic white snow jar" if you don't mind sharing.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Best regards,

Mike

Thanks very much, Dennis & Mike I can't add much more than I have already posted in posts # 90 - #96 of this thread. I "paint" the snow areas with a water/white glue mix and scatter natron all over the dio.

03dez01.jpg

Hard to believe but it seems that I'm going to finish a dio within the same year I started with it, lol. Some more details to add but very soon...

03dez03.jpg

That is great Lars, excellent work. Painting and reloading the vehicle is a great way to display it, very creative. Thanks for posting it.

I started and finished a dio within two months, well that's my personal modeling speed record!

I finally added some more details: The soldiers received goves, I added the tank's equipment and a civilian because I found the right side of the dio was kind of blank or boring. So here are the last indoor shots. It's snowing over here and i think I'll take some shots outside the next days. pic 1

12Dez01.jpg

Lars, that looks fantastic! I really like the story dynamic and your figure poses. Nice work painting those figures too!

I have one small question though; shouldn't there be some snow on the horizontal surfaces of the M36? :rolleyes:

And congrats on finishing it so quickly!

Terry

Wonderful work Lars, but I have to agree with Terry, maybe a little bit of snow on the fenders or engine deck.

But everything else is on the money.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Spot-on, Terry & Manny. There has to be a bit of snow on the M36 as well. Not too much because the crew "cleanded" the TD before painting it.... ;)

10Dez01.jpg

• 1 month later...

Excellent weather conditions over here this morning: snow, sunshine (partially visible on the dio). So here are the promised outside shots to complete this project finally. Once again, thank you all very much for your nice words; I appreciate your feedback!

21jan01.jpg