M36 Tank Destroyer in the ETO 1944/45

Proud Kraut

Hi,

this is just brilliant, although not a passionate modeler I have tried it and managed a few productions of my own, but I never worked on ""Fading, shading, weathering, whatever" ( ;) ). I did use diluted paint sprayed-on to imitate dust, sand, mud... but never the process you just described. really appreciate it, it a quick simple and easy guide (well at least for me). I am sure there are dozens of forums, with hundreds of threads on "How to", but my modeling interest never quite took me to those posts... This is just perfect for me: pics and simple words!! and a great outcome

Congrats and keep us posted

Thank you very much for the details and explanation

Kind regards

JEB

Thanks very much for your kind words, JEB!

This is why I like working with oil colors: Upper pic was taken at 18:00 h yesterday. Me and the wife went out for the dinner. After we have returned I continued reducing the weathering effect. Bottom pic was taken after I had finished yesterday at about 22:00 h.

nach2.jpg

No problems, thanks or sharing!

So between 6 and 10 was is just the oil paint drying or did you "reapply"/gently apply turpentine to fade away the colours?

Cheers

JEB

Hi,

this is just brilliant, although not a passionate modeler I have tried it and managed a few productions of my own,

JEB

JEB, have you already posted some of you projects here? If not, please do so!

Lars

No problems, thanks or sharing!

So between 6 and 10 was is just the oil paint drying or did you "reapply"/gently apply turpentine to fade away the colours?

Cheers

JEB

Yes, I have applyed turpentine after returning and went on brushing the colors.

Hi Lars,

I haven't uploaded anyon the forum :wacko: I've left the family home about 3 years ago to live in the UK and I stopped making models at the same time..

During the move I decided to bring some uniforms and small items instead of models...

They are all at home, on the shelves, in my bedroom waiting for me. Next time home, I will definitely take pics and share them here!!

Kind regards

JEB

Yes, I have applyed turpentine after returning and went on brushing the colors.

Cool, seems a mistake-free way of getting a proper Job!!

Thanks for the tip Lars.

Kind regards

JEB

Thank you very much for taking the time to show your work. I can hear it creaking and groaning it’s way down a cobblestone Street watching for panzerfaust and tigers. Beautiful work.

Wow Lars, this M-36 is looking fabulous. I have a question: are the stars and stencils the decals that came with the model or are they dry transfers?

So far this is an awesome job of painting and weathering. And to think there is still a diorama to be completed too.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thank you all so much, guys! Not much time for modeling these days but made a little progress today. I went on with the figures, much more detail work to do here...

26Nov01.jpg

I started to transform the base to a winter dio. Here's what it looked like this noon.

26Nov02.jpg

An these are the things I used to go on. Main actors are wood glue and natron/bicarbonate.

26Nov03.jpg

The "snow" was not completely dry then. Pressed down the edges of the snowy areas with a finger carefully for a more realistic look. Before and after picture.

26Nov13.jpg

Fantastic snow job.

Looks like you added a section or two of wrap wood or fence to the left of the Hotel building.Great details and high lights of the cobblestone streets

No problem Lars. BTW nice little 'tutorial' on the snow covering process. It looks very realistic and its starting to feel cold already.

Semper Fi.

Manny