M36 Tank Destroyer in the ETO 1944/45

Proud Kraut

To achieve a burned-out effect I mixed orange, white, brown and black pigments with pigment-fixer and dipped the single colors with a brush on the vehicle.

07Nov03.jpg

That's great Lars. Painting that burned out, rusted effect is a lot harder to pull off than a straight weathered paint job. You did an excellent job with that, its very convincing. Great!

Wow Lars, you did an excellent job on the interior of your M36. It's nice to have some old diorama or old models to use into your special project.

That DEMAG Halftrack came out great! Excellent work with the pigments. I'm looking forward to the finished diorama.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thanks very much, guys! Since there were no 90 mm rounds with the Academy kit I ordered some AFV brass rounds that arrived yesterday.

09Nov.jpg

This gets better and better. Good figures and ammo.

Thanks, Dennis! Ammo crates. I did some online research and think that's the right crate for 90 mm GMC gun ammunition:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/511977676/vintage-wood-box-ammunition-crate

Unfortunately I couldn't find any 1/35 scale 90mm ammo crates. I decided to use German 88 mm gun ammo crates that I found online in Poland.

10Nov01.jpg

Of course I have to convert these into US crates. Main differences seem to be top of the crate and the grasps (wood vs. rope). Here are the crates before (top) and after (bottom) conversion.

10Nov2.jpg

Ammo-day. It took longer than expected and I have to add some further detail but I think I'm 98% done with the ammo parts I'll use for the dio:

Ammo.jpg

Great work on those ammo crates and ammo. They look very realistic. This diorama is coming along nicely.

I always say that its the little things in a diorama that make it or break it.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thank you all, I appreciate your kind feedback very much, guys!

I have worked with photo etched parts before but this upgrade set really takes the cake. I started with the "larger" (lol) parts but after a while I quit because I began to lose interest. No doubt, this is a great set and perfect addition for those who are regarding their kit with a microscope. But sticking together dozens of 1 mm parts is far beyond my modeling skills and my patience. I really love details but hey, most of the interior parts will not be visible finally.

14Nov01.jpg

14Nov02.jpg

Nice work Lars on the PE parts. But I am in full agreement with you. I can't see myself messing around with PE parts if they are never going to be seen. Grills, fenders etc. is no problem and I'll put in the extra time to do PE, but interior, I don't think so. LOL.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Hi Lars, looking very good. I love what you did with the ammo boxes.

With regard to the PE parts i agree that often a lot is not very useful. Sometimes the plastic parts are more than okay but the instructions have you change them anyway. In my opinion the most useful PE parts on Sherman tanks are the headlight guards and sometimes the tool straps.

Rene