1862 Western & Atlantic RR Fifty Cent bill

Bought this bill and noticed the date is only a few months after the Johnson Raid which was a Union atack on this railroad. The Confederacy controlled the railroad during the war. Just thought I'd share!

Jacob

post-162535-0-58848400-1509468010_thumb.jpg

Bought this bill and noticed the date is only a few months after the Johnson Raid which was a Union atack on this railroad. The Confederacy controlled the railroad during the war. Just thought I'd share!

Jacob

Are you referring to the Andrews Raid when terrorists hijacked a train? James Andrews was hanged on June 7, 1862.

Are you referring to the Andrews Raid when terrorists hijacked a train? James Andrews was hanged on June 7, 1862.

Yes I am referring to that raid. I thought the Union had men hijack the train? I may be wrong but correct me if I am.

Jacob

Yes I am referring to that raid. I thought the Union had men hijack the train? I may be wrong but correct me if I am.

Jacob

Yes, Union terrorists hijacked the "General" which is now displayed in Kennesaw, Georgia and were captured after a pursuit by the "Texas" which has recently been restored and is in Atlanta, Georgia.