Small CBI group acquired, AAF enlistedman

BILL THE PATCH

BILL THE PATCH

This was a make a best offer from eBay, so I did. Got it for a good price. It's named to a Herbert fay lytle, born in Missouri, 1921. Had a twin brother that served in the ETO. Herbert served in the CBI theater, with the 87th air service group. From what I've read they serviced B-29's, in that theater of war. Later transferred to tinian island. This group has 4 nice theater made patches, two bullion. Comes with T-42 -43 dog tags. GC medal, PTO ribbon with 3 campaign stars. Ribbon bar is theater made also. And there is a silver star ribbon with this lot, I was wondering did he actually get the silver star? All the insignia we're glued to a walnut display case for a long time. To cut down on s&h charges I asked the seller to remove the items from the wood. So I know the stuff was on there for a long time . If I would have known that they were glued I would have asked the seller to be more careful removeing them. Some of the backing for the CBI patch were damaged. Luckily only on the back. I found alot of this info because of two forum members, stratasfan, and lettow. Many thanks. I wonder if he really was a silver star receipant or a family member think he won it. Regardless ill send for his records and see what happens. post-11207-0-16566000-1509392765_thumb.jpg