D-Day Rifleman Gear Display

IKEsaysGO44

tdogchristy90

That's awesome!

Is it all original?

I'm a sucker for the fieldgear/personal items. There's something "personal" about it. Lol.

Again. Great photo.

That's awesome!

Is it all original?

I'm a sucker for the fieldgear/personal items. There's something "personal" about it. Lol.

Again. Great photo.

Thanks so much! Yes it is all original. Most of the gear is used and named/laundry numbered. The gas mask, rope, brassard, life belt, full bandoliers, grenades, and K-Rations are in unissued condition - as you would have found during the D-Day Invasion.

I agree - I will pass up anything mint to go for something with a little dirt and a name.

Thanks again! Here is my website dedicated to my collection: www.facebook.com/EuropeanAdvance . There are a few more photos and some other nice 29th ID items.

Andy

Super impressive! One of the best layouts of personal equipment/field gear I have ever seen. Thank you for posting pics of this.

Very nicely done indeed. No question worn gear looks so much better than "minty" gear for a display such as this.

Man that looks like one heavy load to have been hauling ashore!

Just an amazing set up you have there, sir. Not a WW2 collector, but certainly can appreciate the gear and your amazing collection.

tdogchristy90

That is a great collection. What was the rope with the handle used for?

If I'm not mistaken it's a toggle rope. Could be used with other toggles to create a ladder or to haul stuff. It's basically a tool used as a handle.

Thanks so much guys!

Youre right about the K-Rations. They, along with the M11 Gas Mask Filter, are the only items that post-date the invasion (July 44).

Thanks again for the comments.

Andy

If I'm not mistaken it's a toggle rope. Could be used with other toggles to create a ladder or to haul stuff. It's basically a tool used as a handle.

tdogchristy90 is correct, its a British Commando item introduced to the US forces through the Rangers.

bit of info and some good pics of toggle ropes in use here

https://foxholefashion.wordpress.com/2016/10/22/29th-ranger-battalion-1943/

https://foxholefashion.wordpress.com/2016/01/26/darbys-rangers-north-africa-1942/

The Australian and British military still use a version of the toggle rope today.