HQs Det 15th Seperate BN USMC WW1 yardlong

stucky151

I just came across a great yardlong for the 15th Sep BN, Brest France. It is in rough shape, but these photos of the BN dont come around especially with great photos of the painted helmets, shoulder patchs and a Chief Corpsman to add to it.

post-52581-0-18800400-1509160181_thumb.jpg

post-52581-0-98579500-1509160189.jpg

Good grief Stucky, to say this is rare is a huge understatement. What a great image, especially with the Corpsman depicted. You know Eric Queen is going to melt when he sees this right? I had the very good fortune to acquire an original named patched tunic for this unit last year, (thank you Eric!). Only one of two known and Eric has the other one. Displays great with my painted helmet. Only 725 men were assigned to the interesting battalion. I bet Eric might recognize one or more of these men. Congratulations on a super image. I would do whatever you can to preserve and display this one in a way it deserves. Thanks for sharing. Kevin

As soon as I saw it, he was actually the first person I thought about. Its such a cool picture, even with the slight damage. I have only seen one other yard long of the 15th, and it looked to be the whole BN.

Great image... and great details of helmets and patches. You definitely need to, very carefully, get that into an archival frame

Thanks for the great comments, still unsure what Im going to do with the piece. If I get it professionally framed, the selling price would be way up there. I may give it some time to figure out whats going to happen to it. Im sure it wont be hard to move!

lakenormanusa

I thought about doing it myself, just dont want to further any damage.

Another option is to have it shrink wrapped at a frame shop.

Depending on the size it should only cost around $15.

You can also do it yourself if you have some acid free back board.

Another option is to have it shrink wrapped at a frame shop.

Depending on the size it should only cost around $15.

You can also do it yourself if you have some acid free back board.

Thats actually a pretty good idea that hadn't crossed my mind, thanks!