My coolest garage sale find- blade dated m3 knife

cblackw1

Last weekend my neighbor had a garage sale for his dad who was moving into a retirement home. I never really go to yard sales but I decided to walk over and Im glad that I did. I found this blade dated m3 knife with a pretty cool engraving in the back. Im trying to find out where his father got the knife. The engraving on the back reads Harry Peterson, 39387074, F/505th. Whether or not the engraving means anything or can be traced to a paratrooper its still a pretty cool knife. Let me know what you think.

post-154824-0-06647300-1508892969.jpg

post-154824-0-55323900-1508892984.jpg

post-154824-0-65014200-1508892999.jpg

I personally think it's a great find. While the knife has been really ground down, blade-dated M3s are highly sought after. Harry C. Peterson was born in 1914. He was from Multnomah, Oregon, and enlisted at Ft. Lewis, WA on 2/24/42. I love attributed knives, so that is the best part for me. Congrats on a great garage sale find. They seem few and far between.

Edit: Mr. Peterson does appear in the 505th PIR roster as having been in F Company.

I personally think it's a great find. While the knife has been really ground down, blade-dated M3s are highly sought after. Harry C. Peterson was born in 1914. He was from Multnomah, Oregon, and enlisted at Ft. Lewis, WA on 2/24/42. I love attributed knives, so that is the best part for me. Congrats on a great garage sale find. They seem few and far between.

Thank you so much! Im going to start researching him soon and hopefully I can find him in records or jump rosters with the 505th.

Nice find.

Was Mr Peterson your neighbor? Ifso, maybe he has more items around that will go with the knife - plus, if you're lucky, and not too late, maybe some good stories.

Art