WIERD Camillus Screw-Top MK2 For Discussion/Comments

usmce4

I acquired this knife as part of the deal with the Robeson. It was cheap and I wanted a screw-top anyway but I had no idea how weird it was - it looks OK in the first two pictures but don't quit there. Look at the rest and I'd love to hear if anybody has or has ever seen one like this

post-168413-0-92996300-1508820157_thumb.jpg

Now it starts getting weird. An expert in the MK2 field looked at it and told me the grinding was done after the knife was made. I just can't figure how it could be done afterwards and still be covered with Parkerizing and not touch the factory edge

post-168413-0-51111200-1508820470_thumb.jpg

Now the fuller Left AND Right..... Has anybody else ever seen one with such sloppy work pass thru quality control? And again, the Parkerizing is intact. But the weirdest is yet to come - don't quit yet

Left fuller:

post-168413-0-31331500-1508820748_thumb.jpg

Measure the blade and that should tell you if its been reprofiled. No, I have never seen that grind from the factory. Its in great shape though.

Measure the blade and that should tell you if its been reprofiled. No, I have never seen that grind from the factory. Its in great shape though.

Wait... there's more :)

Right fuller:

post-168413-0-12961200-1508820867_thumb.jpg

Now the best for last..... This is the false edge - totally flat! And yes, all measurements are correct. Has anyone ever seen a false edge like this???

post-168413-0-47596000-1508821006_thumb.jpg

I missed the pic of the right side of the tip - sorry, here it is. To my untrained eye it appears the factory edge was ground AFTER the coarse grinding was done and Parkerizing applies. But I'm first one to admit I'm no expert I REALLY appreciate any knowledgable opinions or experiences with one like this. And... you can't see it in the pic, but the flat false edge is properly parkerized too.

Thanks for looking,

Art

post-168413-0-37491700-1508821212_thumb.jpg

Remember it's a screw top. No big trick in taking it completely apart. I'll echo what DRE66 said, measure the length and see if it could be shorter than expected. Knife may have had some hard days and someone decided to pretty it back up. Really not hard to brighten up the edge after new finish if your careful with a stone. Does seem a little rough for a Camillus, on the other hand they were making them as fast as they could.