Robeson Shuredge Mark 2 out of a time warp

usmce4

Pardon the narrative, but I gotta say this. I was watching this forum for a few months, picking up pointers from you guys, and in June I took the plunge and with some friendly help from Framk T. I bought a KA-BAR. I was so tickled I posted it on here and a couple of you "regulars" on her warned me it was addictive and soon I'd be wanting variations, then the other brands. I laughed it off and explained all I wanted was to replace the one I had brought home with me and has since gone lost.

About a dozen bonderized, & blank blade, & wasp waists later I finally strayed from the KA-BAR reservation. I saw this one and a REALLY weird Camillus MK2 (I'll post later in the week) pop up on a BIN from one guy on ebay last week, so I'll admit it... You guys were right, I was wrong - I'm addicted.

Any comments on this one? Not very rare, but I couldn't let one in this condition go past - it looks like it was made last week.

post-168413-0-09701000-1508636979_thumb.jpg

Keep this version of the RCC MK2 lightly oiled on the guard and pommel, for some reason or other they oxidize fast if left untreated. Nice knife. SKIP

I hope you can see the initials scratched in the handle. When I unwrapped the knife I thought I hit a jackpot - it looked to me like "JFK" regrettably, on close inspection it's "LFK" :=(

post-168413-0-69333200-1508637298_thumb.jpg

Really nice Robeson. After they changed the first blade pattern, but before they went to the pinned pommel and the guard marking. Oops, nows there's two more for you. :) there is no cure. :lol: